Saturday 6 July 2013

Borealis

After reading Snowblind, I followed up with another horror story - Borealis by Ronald Malfi.  And like the previous book, I loved it! 




Here's the blerb for the book:

On a routine crabbing expedidtion in the Bering Sea, Charlie Mears and the rest of the men aboard the trawler Borealis discover something unbelievable; a young woman running naked along the ridge of a passing iceberg. The men rescue her and bring her aboard the boat. But they will soon learn her horrible secret. 
By the time they find out why she was alone on the ice – and what she truly is – the nightmare will have begun, as one by one she infects them with an evil that brings about unimaginable terrors. 


I didn't expect it to be set in the modern world.  I guess I'm used to reading stories like Captain of the Pole Star!  Like that story, Borealis is very short and it left me wanting more...

I really like the moodiness of the setting and the creepiness of the girl.  Nothing is really explained fully and the ending was perfect.  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment