Tuesday 20 January 2015

Atmospheric Terrain!

I had picked up a few packs of the Kraken Skulls Scatter Terrain Bases when I ordered a paint rack from them.  I'm not much of a handyman, and having these terrain bases pre-cut for me was a godsend!  ;-)

I added a few bits of resin terrain, pasted on some drywall filler for texture on the base, added some various rocks, etc.  After that they were painted in a few different colours, gave a good slathering of "The Dip", and (when dry) added various flocks and details.

It was my first time using the Army Painter Dark Tone dip, which I also tried on a Sedition Wars miniature to see how it would come out.  I think they turned out quite well!




The statue is from Thomarillion, called "By the Wayside".  It is a very nice, LOTR-like statue.  The tree is from Woodland Scenics, with some GF9 orange/red scatter below the tree.




The pyramid-like bit is from Fenris Games, the plinth gravestone is from Renedra, and the bush is scratch-made, with a train store bush frame and flock added.  



Again, the little plinthy thing is from Fenris Games, with a plant pot (from a mourner?) from JTT Scenery Products bought from a train store.  Kinda pricey, but I really like the added touch to the piece.

I am a huge fan of the Fenris Games terrain, and have bought the Loyalty Card when you would get double the amount you put in!  I predict lots of nice resin scenery in the new year.  :-)

I'm very happy with how these came out, and will add some nice atmospheric scenery to my tabletop!

3 comments:

  1. Nice.

    I particularly like the Autumnal tree and LOTR statue.

    Tony (Harwood)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them. Makes a change from the usual greens and browns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! This stuff will certainly liven up your gaming table.

    ReplyDelete